Electrification Interconnection Manager
About The Position
The Electrification Interconnection Manager, as part of the Clean Energy Transition team, is a subject matter expert on electrification interconnection policies and practices and will review all data ensuring electrification tariffs and procedures are followed and implemented in a consistent manner. Supporting the increased adoption of electric vehicles in Illinois, the Electrification Interconnection Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining positive, effective working relationships for business customers installing electric vehicle charging equipment and will act as the primary liaison with applicants throughout the interconnection life cycle to address their needs and expectations. This position will provide guidance, mentoring, and training to newer employees as the team is developed.
Key responsibilities include:
- Serve business customers looking to install/expand EV charging by providing product and service information and resolving product and service issues.
- Act as the liaison across Ameren Illinois teams as an EV subject matter expert regarding EV Charging tariffs and processes.
- Support increased adoption of EVs by facilitating alignment across Ameren Illinois regions regarding EV charging costs and customer eligibility for EV charging programs and incentives to ensure customer satisfaction, efficient EV growth strategy, and optimal EV Program performance.
- Function as an internal gatekeeper of the EV charging interconnection processes and advise all departments on appropriate implementation.
- Assist the Economic Development group with national account and key account customer support related to EV programs.
- Provide guidance for digital system development, work process designs, and training to support the revised and new EV charging programs.
- Provide on-going compliance support for EV program processes, qualifications, and standards.
- Serve as Ameren Illinois Clean Energy Transition team's technical subject matter expert for EVs and EV charging equipment.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of charging protocols and standards, such as SAE J1772, CHAdeMO, CCS, and wireless charging technologies.
- Remain informed of EV and EV charging industry developments, especially regarding engineering and energy delivery systems.
Provide recommendations to leadership on the direction of future EV programming based on existing program feedback and analysis.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, or other related technical or business field required. Seven or more years relevant experience (engineering, electric design or construction experience, utility, or related business) Associates degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university with ten years relevant experience is acceptable also. Supervisory or project leadership is preferred.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Proficiency with MS Office applications suite; proficiency with Ameren Illinois Electric standards, processes, and tariffs; understanding of Ameren Illinois Utilities’ Standards and Qualifications; Critical thinking skills and customer service experience. Must be able to clearly demonstrate strong leadership, ability to influence others, team building and organizational skills. Excellent business acumen, decision-making, problem solving, analytical and computation skills
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include a leadership assessment process. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by law.