APL Engineered Materials Inc
APL Engineered Materials, Inc. manufactures specialty inorganic solid chemicals for use in conventional lighting, radiation detection and energy-related applications. We have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Specialist in Urbana, Illinois.
We are looking for a Maintenance Specialist to join our team and perform routine and emergency maintenance of buildings, grounds, and environmental equipment. They will also aide in repairs, installation, and maintenance of production equipment. The Maintenance system operates in parallel to the production systems to protect and keep assets serviceable and safe to operate at minimum cost.
- Determine material, equipment, and supplies to be used depending on the job being performed.
- Transfer equipment from one project to another as needed.
- Maintain the electrical, plumbing, mechanical and other related systems in all locations of the building.
- Maintain the heating, cooling and ventilation systems.
- Complete general repairs such as painting, patching walls, security hardware; operate machinery and equipment to complete tasks.
- Provide labor for special housekeeping.
- Work with outside contractors and Facility Service Manager.
- Provide and manage a safe, accident-free work environment. Follow all company safety rules in performing job duties.
- Strong problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Ability to diagnose and repair glove box problems.
- Ability to repair production equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Three or more years related experience and/or training.
- Experience in construction preferred.
- Qualified to use forklifts, power tools, powered lift equipment, and measurement tools.
- Operational knowledge of HVAC systems
- Must be able to stand, walk, and climb for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Must be able to climb ladders and be on the roof to repair equipment.
- Must be able to tolerate a height of approximately 22’.
- Must be able to wear PPE such as but not limited to: Nitrile gloves, dust mask, steel toe work boots, safety glasses.
Indoor and outdoor work environment during all weather conditions. Humid conditions throughout the building. Work in high, precarious places with moving mechanical parts. Exposure to chemical fumes and airborne particles. Certain aspects of the position will have loud noise that will require ear protection. The work environment includes possible direct and indirect exposure to toxic and caustic chemicals, moderate noise levels, cryogenic fluids, hot objects, water-reactive materials, mildly radioactive materials, and pressurized gases. Helps ensure compliance with OSHA and other regulations.
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D
- 401(k); company match included
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Club Reimbursement