Quality Control Laboratory Technician
Beauty Quest Group
Beauty Quest Group is a leading integrated manufacturer and marketer of hair care products from branded and private label hair care, color, and styling products to professional salons and specialty retailers.
BQG sells a wide range of hair care products under its own brands, Aquage, RUSK, and One ‘n Only, as well as Private Label brands for leading retailers. BQG also provides contract manufacturing services to other leading marketers of hair care and other topical products.
Our amazing team here at Beauty Quest Group is the driving force and foundation of the company. Our thriving culture is based on Creativity, Innovation, Education, and Teamwork.
- Process and prioritize incoming samples.
- Perform standardized testing of raw material, in-process, and finished goods. Essential methods include sensory comparison, viscosity, specific gravity, pH, total solids, IR, titrations, moisture content, and chromatography.
- Issue batch adjustments following approved protocol.
- Issue final release of production batches and raw materials.
- Accurately document work performed.
- Assist with inventory control of lab supplies.
- Assist with the quality control of incoming materials including aseptic sampling and status tagging.
- Follow safety rules and safe operating procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness and good housekeeping in the work area.
- Perform additional duties as directed or assigned by management.
Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Degree in chemistry or other Natural Sciences.
- Ability to follow directions carefully and accurately.
- Ability to perform procedures accurately and efficiently; work independently and with a team; maintain good working relationship with other staff.
- Must have neat and legible handwriting.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize duties.