RN - Medical Oncology
Urbana, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2022
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Our team approach supports new and experienced nurses. We guide and encourage patients before, during and after their course of treatment. We triage our patients over the phone and in person. We work closely with radiation and surgical oncology, nutrition, and palliative medicine to coordinate care for our patients. We find solutions to patient problems by working closely with our Oncologists. Most importantly, we build lasting relationships with our patients by supporting our patients through the most intimate and vulnerable times of their life.
Diploma (Not HS) in Nursing
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Professional Nurse (RN) License Illinois upon hire and Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required continuing education regarding the care of acute stroke patients.
- Provides and facilitates competent health care of patients and families in area of practice. Ensures adherence to established standards of care and scope of practice.
- Performs advanced nursing activities, which can include assisting with procedures using conscious sedation, placement of IV's, and administering chemotherapy drugs.
- Ensures documentation of care is complete and accurate.
- Provides health and wellness education to individuals and groups.
- Acts as preceptor and supports the development of other staff and healthcare students.
- Provides leadership for initiatives designed to improve the quality of care or clinical outcomes.
- Assists Nursing Supervisor/coordinator in the development of departmental standing orders.
- Evaluate symptoms over the phone and in face to face contact with patients.
- Execute orders based on diagnosis and protocols.
- Monitor lab values to ensure safe levels for treatments and/or interventions required.
- Evaluate walk in patients; provide physicians with patient condition/complaint and recommendations.
- Coordinate patient care concerns with regard to cancer care and other departments.
- Perform moderate sedation for patient procedures by physician.
- Refill prescriptions per protocol.