Athletic Trainer - Ortho & Sports Med
Urbana, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2022
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Assesses, evaluates, and treats patients of all ages in the clinical setting. Serves as a role model in the delivery of professional services and as a clinical resource for providers, staff, residents, & students.
Bachelor's Degree in Related Field
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Athletic Trainer License Illinois upon hire and Certified Athletic Trainer Board of Certification for the Athletic Trainer upon hire and Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days.
One Year of Athletic Training Experience preferrederred. Must be proficient and meet all requirements of the AT 1 within one (1) year of start date in position.
- Performs appropriate physical and/or development assessments.
- Documents evaluations and plans of care, according to department policy including goals, modifications of treatmentplans and athlete's response to treatment.
- Evaluates and revises plan of care based on changes in patient status and the individual's response to treatment.
- Provides emergency care including Cardio pulmonary Resuscitation.
- Updates knowledge of new ATC/medical practices and current literature appropriate to service and role to maintaincurrency of practice, expand knowledge and improve athlete care.
- Takes responsibility for daily schedule of clinical provision of care.
- Works directly with administrative and coding team to maintain appropriate documentation requirements when acting in the scribe role within the ambulatory setting
- Accountable to perform work list responsibilities within Athletic Trainers scope of practice
- Assesses patient compliance with and response to a prescribed plan of care including therapeutic outcomes.
- Assesses patient's learning needs regarding normal functioning, diagnosis, treatment, self-management, and access to health care resources.
- Delivers physical care to athlete following medical direction including monitoring of athlete response and results during care.
- Designs and implements plans of care.
- Documents evaluations and plans of care, according to department policy including goals, modifications of treatment plans and athlete's response to treatment.
- Evaluates and assesses referred athlete.
- Implements effective treatment methods to achieve treatment goals.
- Instructs athlete and/or family members in performance of treatment, activities, or home care.
- Provides athletic training services to contracted high schools, club events and or junior college as assigned.