Front Desk Assistant
Savoy, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2022
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Provides a variety of duties associated with daily operations, such as greeting/assisting residents and guests, answering the telephone, responding to resident emergencies, and providing administrative services to the Extended Management Team.
Associate's Degree in One (1) year of experience in an office/customer service environment considered in lieu of Associate's degree
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Driver's License Illinois.
Strong customer service skills and experience working with the elderly. Ability to work independently.
Ability to deal with a large volume of calls and multiple tasks concurrently; memory for details; ability to prioritize tasks under stressful conditions with interruptions. Proficiency with Microsoft Word.
- Answers phones, transfer calls and takes messages in accordance with customer service standards.
- Assists residents and families in connecting with the services of the Windsor. Acts as the main communication point for all questions.
- Maintains systems at the Front Desk such as the pharmacy pick-ups, check cashing, post office, dry cleaning, resident census and other administrative tasks. In independent living, the Front Desk Assistant is responsible for dispatching the Drivers and maintaining the Transportation Schedule. In assisted living, the Front Desk Assistant is responsible for maintaining systems related to IDPH licensure.
- Responds to all emergency calls for approximately 170 residents in independent living and 30 residents in assisted living. Assesses resident and follows up accordingly, including physically assisting the resident and/or calling 911. Contacts family/responsible party and completes incident report(s).
- Coordinates emergency response in the event of fire, tornado or resident emergency.
- Supports the extended management team by providing clerical support. This includes, but is not limited to, assisting with billing, printing daily activity flyers, printing daily menus, assembling marketing packets, etc.
- Monitors security and emergency systems by overseeing live videos and fire/emergency panels, and responding accordingly.
- Performs housekeeping and light maintenance duties as needed. Provides valet services if requested.