Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) - Home Care
Mahomet, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 1, 2022
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The Home Care Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) implements plan of care as provided by the physical therapist, treating patients of all ages. Serves as a role model in delivery of professional services and as a clinical resource for staff and students. Hours may vary depending upon census and program need.
Associate's Degree in Physical Therapy
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Physical Therapy Asst (PTA) License Illinois upon hire and Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days and Driver's License Illinois upon hire and Proof of Auto Insurance Illinois upon hire.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Documents through comprehensive detail about patient visit, information is sufficient that following staff can determine exactly what and how care was rendered with a clear plan for the next contact.
- Trains patients and/or caregivers in performance of patient care and management.
- Administers prescribed physical therapy treatment programs as developed by the Physical therapist for patients to restore function, relieve pain and prevent disability, injury or loss of body part.
- Anticipates and organizes delivery of patient supplies to ensure fiscal responsibility as well as ensuring patient have adequate supplies.
- Completes visit notes and telephone conversations records and ensures they are transmitted in a timely manner according to policy.
- Documents assessments and treatment interventions within the scope of practice and according to the plan of care and to department policy.
- Educates and documents discharge planning occurring during each visit, including communication with physician, nurse, therapist, aide, patient and/or caregivers.
- Participates in patient care conferences as requested.
- Demonstates comprehension of and adherence to regulatory requirements and departmental policies/processes.
- Assess homebound status of patients.
- Follow physical therapy plan of care to provide physical therapy treatment in patient’s home.
- Communicate with patients to schedule appointment times and manage daily schedule.
- Assess home safety and recommend equipment to improve patient’s home safety.
- Educate family/caregivers on recommended home exercise program.
- Performs wound care within the scope of practice and according to the plan of care and to the department policy.