Champaign, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2022
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The Counselor provides outpatient mental health counseling/therapy to Carle patients within the Behavioral Health Department.
Master's Degree in Related Field
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) Illinois upon hire or Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) Illinois upon hire.
Prior experience directly providing psychotherapy in a clinical setting. Prior experience with the treatment of a variety of mental health disorders.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Strong communication and listening skills. Ability to work effectively with a multitude of personalities at various organizational levels. Familiarity with working within and EMR. Strong documentation skills. Knowledge and competence utilizing a variety of counseling techniques and interventions. Understanding of current DSM diagnostic criteria. Comfort working with patients from a variety of backgrounds and presenting problems. Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a clinical setting.
- Provide mental health counseling/therapy to patients and their families through individual and/or group settings.
- Performs mental health evaluations for referred patients, including assessing need for ongoing psychotherapy or other services.
- Identify concerns and make referrals to other specialists as needed.
- Provides ongoing therapy services for patients, using techniques and interventions appropriate to the patient's needs.
- Works with patient to develop treatment plan, including specific goals and objectives to be addressed in psychotherapy appropriate to the patient's needs.
- Completes appropriate documentation in medical record within timeframes established by departmental policy.
- With permission of patient, provides communication back to referring providers about patient diagnosis, treatment plan, and progress.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and fulfills provider responsibilities as specified under HIPAA, the Illinois Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities Code, and the Illinois Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities Confidentiality Act.