Urbana, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 24, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Carle Auditory Oral School (CAOS) has been dedicated to bringing out the best in both children who are deaf and hard of hearing, and those with typical hearing by immersing our students in a program adhering to the highest standards of care.
The CAOS/ECHO Enrichment Teacher provides support to director, teachers and therapists to facilitate direct services.
Associates Related Field or 60 semester hours of college credit OR Passed ETS ParaPro assessment with score of 460 or higher OR Passed applicable ACT WorkKeys assessments (Math 4, Reading 4, Writing 3)
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Paraprofessional Educator License with Stipulations (ELS) Illinois or Substitute Teaching License Illinois. Food Handler Certification Illinois w/in 30 days of start date in position and Basic Life Support (BLS). Candidate with a Bachelor's degree and willing to obtain an Illinois Substitute License within 90 days of hire is eligible to apply. Any valid Professional Educator License or Educator License with Stipulations also meets the licensure requirements for this position.
Experience working with children required. Familiarity with and a positive attitude toward helping to improve young children's behavior and self-help skills required. Familiarity with a variety of behavior modification techniques and strategies. Familiarity or willingness to learn to use computer and office equipment is required.
- Encourages children to use spoken language during play activities and functions as an appropriate speech and language role model in the classroom with guidance from deaf educators.
- Ensures that materials and supplies are stocked on a weekly basis; communicates needs to the CAOS Office Coordinator. Ensures that the spaces used are neat and organized, prior to and following each day. Ensures infection control standards are met.
- Facilitates children's development of independence across all areas, inlcuding personal care, care for others and care for their learning environment and world.
- Implements positive discipline strategies and provides support for self-regulation according to the direction of teacher, therapist or director.
- Plans and implements developmentally appropriate, theme-based enrichment plans and specials activities for children.
- Plans, implements and continually seeks to improve before and after care program with support and direction from CAOS Director and other staff.
- Provide support to volunteers and observers as needed.