Inpatient RN - Obstetrics Float
Urbana, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 7, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The staff Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility for a group of patients for a designated time frame and provides care to these patients via the utilization of the nursing process, nursing trends, technology, financial and human resources within the philosophy of the institution
Associates Nursing or College Diploma Nursing
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Nurse (RN) Illinois and Basic Life Support (BLS) and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP). Attend and satisfactorily complete all required continuing education regarding the care of acute stroke patients.Basic Dysrhythmia/Basic Cardiac Nursing.
- Performs all responsibilities and duties required by unit as specific to the scope of service. Implements procedures and theories related to the specific area of practice. Maintains up-to-date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to assure the integration of information for use by the healthcare team.
- Completes initial assessment upon patient admission and develops appropriate plan of care in accordance with unit standards and that is based on patient and family needs. Implements plan of care, nursing interventions, and patient care procedures. Modifies plan of care based upon continuous evaluation.
- Takes responsibility for patient and employee safety by reporting and/or correcting safety hazards and incidents.
- Communicates with others directly and in private when necessary to resolve issues. Offers constructive feedback to assist in the professional development of peers, and confers with colleagues to expand knowledge base. Identifies own learning needs and takes initiative to begin appropriate solution.
- Fulfills all requirements of departmental competencies.
- Performs patient assessments
- Provides infant care
- Completes all unit competencies
- Administers medications per physician orders
- Documents all care in EMR
- Monitors fetal well being via Electronic fetal monitor or doppler
- Providers education specific to the Obstetric and Newborn Population
- Cares for th intrapartum, postpartum and newborn patient