Clinic RN - Family Practice Residency
Urbana, IL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 22, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The Ambulatory Nurse utilizes a systematic approach to nursing by incorporating assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation in the practice of nursing. Provides healthcare to individuals, families, and communities within the RN scope of practice as defined by the Illinois Board of Nursing.
College Diploma Nursing
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Nurse (RN) Illinois and Basic Life Support (BLS).
2 years of nursing experience required.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Demonstrates clinical competencies in providing direct patient care and patient and family education as well as assisting the provider in the delivery of patient care. Demonstrates leadership and organizational skills, including time management, with the ability to communicate effectively and collaboratively with others.
- Provides and facilitates competent health care of patients and families in area of practice. Ensures adherence to established standards of care and scope of practice.
- Ensures documentation of care is complete and accurate.
- Provides health and wellness education to individuals and groups.
- Acts as preceptor and supports the development of other staff and healthcare students.
- Provides leadership for initiatives designed to improve the quality of care or clinical outcomes.
- Assists Nursing Supervisor/coordinator in the development of departmental standing orders.
- Assist insupporting residents in the expected relationships of nurse and physician.
- Triage and assess patients providing care within scope of practice.
- Assist in developing department protocols.
- Assist with procedures. Point of Care testing.
- See patients, via nurse visits, for assessment, triage and education.
- Lead team, as preceptor and mentor, in excellent patient care.