Emergency Medicine - East Central Illinois
BE/BC Emergency Medicine physicians to join our quality-oriented department at Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana, Illinois.
Practice opportunity details include:
- Stable 45-member department, all of whom are ABEM/AOBEM certified seeing 90,000 patients per year
- Department also includes 25 Advanced Practice Providers
- Your choice of working at Level I Trauma Center, a nearby critical access hospital with 10,000 visits, or a combination of the two
- 24 hour in-house coverage provided by Anesthesia, Intensivists, Trauma, OB/GYN, ED and 50 Hospitalists; In-house Pediatric Hospitalists and PICU available 24/7
- Excellent benefit package including health/dental/life insurance, 403-B plan with employer match, LTD, relocation allowance, CME allowance, and paid malpractice insurance with 100% tail insurance covered
- Opportunity to do ultrasound as well as teaching/research through the Carle Illinois College of Medicine, if desired
- Consistently voted Best Hospital by U.S. News & World Report - 2012 to present; top 5% nationally for Neurosciences; Magnet designation since 2009
Globally connected, innovative and culturally rich, Champaign-Urbana is centrally located to Chicago, Indianapolis and St. Louis and is home to one of the world's great public research universities - the Big Ten University of Illinois. With ease of transportation, excellent schools and affordable housing options, our community features the friendliness and advantages of a smaller town while offering the dining, arts, sports, and entertainment options found in a much larger city.
Recognized as a Great Place to Work®, Carle Health is a vertically integrated system based in Urbana, IL, with nearly 16,500 team members and over 1,300 physicians and APPs in its eight hospitals, physician groups and health businesses. Carle Foundation Hospital, Carle BroMenn Medical Center, Carle Health Methodist Hospital and Carle Health Proctor Hospital hold Magnet® designations- the nation’s highest nursing honor. Carle Foundation Hospital also ranks as one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals™ by Healthgrades®. The system includes Methodist College and Carle Illinois College of Medicine, the world’s first engineering-based medical school, as well as Health Alliance™ and FirstCarolinaCare health insurance plans. Carle Health is dedicated to being a trusted healthcare partner for the communities it serves.