Geriatric Medicine - East Central Illinois
Carle Health is seeking a BE/BC Geriatrician to join our established practice in Urbana, Illinois.
Practice opportunity details include:
- Join five Geriatricians in the ambulatory clinic, along with 9 APPs, and full-time nursing staff
- There are 50 hospitalists and a dedicated geriatric hospitalist to assist with hospital admissions
- Primary responsibilities include nursing home coverage and ambulatory clinic
- Planned clinic schedule is Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Provide service in sub-acute, rehabilitation and short-stay environments
- Opportunity for medical directorship and providing long-term care at a third nursing home in the area
- Hospital practice is not required
- There are no visit or staffing requirements for assisted-care facilities, home visits, hospice or palliative care
- Physicians will be on call for their nursing home patients during the week; and 1 in 12 weekday/weekend for geriatric service call (for ambulatory clinic patients)
- Part-time positions available
- Opportunity for academic and/or research affiliation with the Carle Illinois College of Medicine
- Carle Illinois College of Medicine is the nation’s first medical school focused at the intersection of healthcare and engineering.
Globally connected, innovative and culturally rich, Champaign-Urbana is centrally located to Chicago, Indianapolis and St. Louis and is home to one of the world's great public research universities - the Big Ten University of Illinois. With ease of transportation, excellent schools and affordable housing options, our community features the friendliness and advantages of a smaller town while offering the dining, arts, sports, and entertainment options found in a much larger city.
Carle offers an excellent benefit package including health/dental/life insurance, 403-B plan with employer match, LTD, relocation allowance, CME allowance, and paid malpractice insurance with 100% tail insurance covered.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Recognized as a Great Place to Work®, Carle Health is a vertically integrated system based in Urbana, IL, with nearly 16,500 team members and over 1,300 physicians and APPs in its eight hospitals, physician groups and health businesses. Carle Foundation Hospital, Carle BroMenn Medical Center, Carle Health Methodist Hospital and Carle Health Proctor Hospital hold Magnet® designations- the nation’s highest nursing honor. Carle Foundation Hospital also ranks as one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals™ by Healthgrades®. The system includes Methodist College and Carle Illinois College of Medicine, the world’s first engineering-based medical school, as well as Health Alliance™ and FirstCarolinaCare health insurance plans. Carle Health is dedicated to being a trusted healthcare partner for the communities it serves.