Medical Director, Primary Care - East Central Illinois
Carle Health is seeking an experienced and dynamic physician leader to join our expanding organization as Medical Director of Primary Care at Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana, Illinois.
Summary of key duties and responsibilities:
- The Medical Director will be expected to maintain a clinical practice with allocated time to help develop and lead the Primary Care East division.
- The Medical Director will be a member of the local executive leadership team and system senior leadership team. They will play a key role in leading organizational culture change to align behavior and standards of care at the Hospital and Health Center to be in alignment with our mission to provide high quality health services throughout the region.
- The Medical Director will understand and practice clinical medicine, articulate the vision of Carle Health as a leader, and motivate and lead others in shared vision of addressing the health concerns of our local communities.
- The Medical Director will be essential to the setting of policy and protocols to build an expanded, higher-volume, technically-sophisticated and efficient system of care.
- Work collaboratively with the Dyad Partners in establishing and accomplishing departmental goals and objectives in alignment with the Strategic Pillars and values of the organization.
- Participate in change initiatives to continuously improve patient care and the service delivery model.
- Monitor/help run daily operations and consistently work to improve clinical quality and the efficient delivery of care and will be dedicated to establishing and evaluating performance expectations, which provide for the highest quality patient care and consistency in clinical care standards, driven by patient safety requirements and clinical outcomes monitoring.
- Play a supervisory role by establishing and communicating expectations for performance and behaviors to the Primary Care team.
- Proactively share best practices related to workflows, continuing education, engagement and patient satisfaction with fellow leaders and providers.
- Actively participate in the recruitment of new professional staff team members as well as the onboarding and off boarding process to ensure positive impressions of Carle are developed and/or maintained.
- Directs the development of appropriate outreach programs to enhance the delivery of care in the region. Responsible for working with outreach physicians to establish and maintain programs.
- Must be an MD/DO.
- Must be Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or Internal Medicine-Pediatrics and hold an active Illinois Medical License in good standing.
- Additional education in healthcare management and leadership (MBA, MHA, MMM) preferred.
- Candidates must have 10 or more years of clinical experience in their specialty and have at least 5 years of progressive physician leadership experience.
- Experience leading a primary care group and/or urgent care group and/or experience as a physician executive of a clinical service line or clinical institute preferred.
- Experience working in an academic setting and establishing research, teaching, and graduate medical education programs preferred.
Recognized as a Great Place to Work®, Carle Health is a vertically integrated system based in Urbana, IL, with nearly 16,500 team members and over 1,300 physicians and APPs in its eight hospitals, physician groups and health businesses. Carle Foundation Hospital, Carle BroMenn Medical Center, Carle Health Methodist Hospital and Carle Health Proctor Hospital hold Magnet® designations- the nation’s highest nursing honor. Carle Foundation Hospital also ranks as one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals™ by Healthgrades®. The system includes Methodist College and Carle Illinois College of Medicine, the world’s first engineering-based medical school, as well as Health Alliance™ and FirstCarolinaCare health insurance plans. Carle Health is dedicated to being a trusted healthcare partner for the communities it serves.