Dermatopathologist - East Central Illinois
Carle Health is seeking an experienced, full-time AP/CP Board Certified Pathologist to join our established Pathology department at Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana, Illinois.
Position Details Include:
- $425,000 - $475,000 salary.
- Candidates must be Board Certified in Anatomical and Clinical Pathology. Fellowship training in Dermatopathology required. Ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience, but new grads are welcome to apply.
- Join a team of 8 Pathologists and 3 Pathologist Assistants that support the Anatomic and Clinical Pathology laboratory services for 3 hospitals (Carle Foundation Hospital, Carle Hoopeston Regional Health Center, and Carle Richland Memorial Hospital) in addition to multiple clinic sites.
- Annual Pathology volume is approximately 30,000 surgical cases, 10,000 gynecologic and 4,000 non-gynecologic cytology cases. There is an extensive immunohistochemistry staining menu with 21,000 stains performed annually.
- The Pathology group performs over 500 frozen sections per year. Utilizing a remote viewing technology, the group also performs approximately 1,000 virtual cytology cell assessments per year and all peripheral smear reviews.
- Responsibilities will include immunohistochemistry analysis in tumor workups, computer assisted tumor marker assessments, and the molecular analysis of tumor and infectious diseases.
- The group supports 9 multispecialty care conferences and several specialty institutes within the Carle Health system including the Carle Digestive Health Institute and the Carle Cancer Institute.
- Opportunity for academic and/or research affiliation with the Carle Illinois College of Medicine, the nation’s first medical school focused at the intersection of healthcare and engineering.
- Opportunity to teach residents and fellows through multiple established training programs available at Carle Foundation Hospital.
Recognized as a Great Place to Work®, Carle Health is a vertically integrated system based in Urbana, IL, with nearly 16,500 team members and over 1,300 physicians and APPs in its eight hospitals, physician groups and health businesses. Carle Foundation Hospital, Carle BroMenn Medical Center, Carle Health Methodist Hospital and Carle Health Proctor Hospital hold Magnet® designations- the nation’s highest nursing honor. Carle Foundation Hospital also ranks as one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals™ by Healthgrades®. The system includes Methodist College and Carle Illinois College of Medicine, the world’s first engineering-based medical school, as well as Health Alliance™ and FirstCarolinaCare health insurance plans. Carle Health is dedicated to being a trusted healthcare partner for the communities it serves.