Ophthalmology - East Central Illinois
Carle Health is seeking an additional BE/BC Comprehensive Ophthalmologist to join our established and growing Ophthalmology practice in Champaign, Illinois.
Practice opportunity details include:
- We are looking for a BC/BE Comprehensive Ophthalmologist who is motivated to manage a variety of ophthalmic conditions and perform a high volume of cataract surgery. The ideal candidate is a motivated, personable, team-player who possesses strong medical and surgical skills
- Join a collegial work environment with colleagues that will provide mentorship and support your continued professional development. Our current provider group consists of 5 Ophthalmologists, 5 Optometrists, 1 Low Vision specialist, 5 ABOC Opticians and a dedicated Eye EMR support team. Specialists include Vitreoretinal Surgery, Medical Retina, Cornea, Pediatric Ophthalmology, and Neuro-Ophthalmology
- Busy, ready-made, full volume practice with a strong referral base
- Two-year guaranteed base salary
- Minimal call responsibilities (1:5) to support an excellent work/life balance
- Large optometric referral network
- At the Carle Eye Department, we take pride in offering advanced eye care and cutting-edge surgical solutions in a professional and caring environment. Our newly-built, state-of-the-art facility includes 26 Ophthalmology exam lanes, 2 minor procedure rooms, 3 laser rooms, an onsite state of the art ambulatory surgery center, an integrated clinical research suite, one satellite location, and an onsite optical service facility in Champaign. Our satellite clinic is conveniently located in a brand new, state-of-the-art building with an onsite ASC in Danville
- State-of-the-art equipment including; 2 Zeiss IOLmaster 700, 2 Humphrey Visual Fields, 4 Heidelberg OCTs including FA, ICG & OCT-A, Cirrus OCT, Accutome UBM, A-scan & B-scan, Intraoperative OCT, Zeiss Lumera 700 microscopes, Alcon Centurion, Callisto Eye System, Lumenis Selecta II SLT laser, Zeiss Yag Visulas III laser, Lumenis Vision One laser, and Iridex Micropulse Laser
- Opportunity for academic and/or research affiliation with the Carle Illinois College of Medicine, the nation’s first medical school focused at the intersection of healthcare and engineering
- Carle offers an excellent benefit package including health/dental/life insurance, 403(b) plan with employer match and 457(b) retirement plan, short-term and long-term own-occupation disability insurance, relocation allowance, CME allowance ($4,000 annually), and paid malpractice insurance with 100% tail insurance coverage
Globally connected, innovative and culturally rich, Champaign-Urbana is centrally located to Chicago, Indianapolis and St. Louis and is home to one of the world's great public research universities - the Big Ten University of Illinois. With ease of transportation, excellent schools and affordable housing options, our community features the friendliness and advantages of a smaller town while offering the dining, arts, sports, and entertainment options found in a much larger city.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Recognized as a Great Place to Work®, Carle Health is a vertically integrated system based in Urbana, IL, with nearly 16,500 team members and over 1,300 physicians and APPs in its eight hospitals, physician groups and health businesses. Carle Foundation Hospital, Carle BroMenn Medical Center, Carle Health Methodist Hospital and Carle Health Proctor Hospital hold Magnet® designations- the nation’s highest nursing honor. Carle Foundation Hospital also ranks as one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals™ by Healthgrades®. The system includes Methodist College and Carle Illinois College of Medicine, the world’s first engineering-based medical school, as well as Health Alliance™ and FirstCarolinaCare health insurance plans. Carle Health is dedicated to being a trusted healthcare partner for the communities it serves.