Acute Care Hospitalist Post-Graduate APP Fellow - East Central Illinois
Carle Health's Graduate Medical Education department is seeking a full-time Advanced Practice Provider to join our Post-Graduate Fellowship in Acute Care Hospitalist program in Urbana, Illinois.
Carle’s fellowship is a 9-month post-graduate specialty training program for Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants. The APP Fellowship includes a core program of Hospital Medicine and also several specialty rotations meant to enhance acute care education, including Cardiology, Neurology, and GI, among others. The program provides the APP fellow with an opportunity to further develop critical thinking used to make sound clinical judgments and function at top scope of practice.
Opportunity Details Include:
- Applications open for enrollment in 2024
- Full-time, employed position
- Benefits include: paid time-off, health/dental/life insurance, 403-B plan with employer match once in final position, LTD, relocation allowance, CME allowance, and paid malpractice insurance with 100% tail insurance covered
- Variable schedule-potential to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Join a supportive learning environment with a supervising physician and APP preceptors and mentors
- Position will be based in Champaign-Urbana
- Permanent position available to all fellows upon completion of the program
- Completion of ACNP or ARC-PA accredited PA program required
- For APRNs, must have current Illinois RN/APRN license as well as certification prior to start date
- For PA’s, must have current NCCPA certified state PA license and PANCE certification
- BLS certification
To apply, please send the following documents to Kacee Reynolds at Kacee.Reynolds@carle.com
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation (1 letter of recommendation is due at the time of application; 3 letters of recommendation in total are required)
- Transcripts (Unofficial)
- Clinical Rotation Schedule
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed or considered
Recognized as a Great Place to Work®, Carle Health is a vertically integrated system based in Urbana, IL, with nearly 16,500 team members and over 1,300 physicians and APPs in its eight hospitals, physician groups and health businesses. Carle Foundation Hospital, Carle BroMenn Medical Center, Carle Health Methodist Hospital and Carle Health Proctor Hospital hold Magnet® designations- the nation’s highest nursing honor. Carle Foundation Hospital also ranks as one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals™ by Healthgrades®. The system includes Methodist College and Carle Illinois College of Medicine, the world’s first engineering-based medical school, as well as Health Alliance™ and FirstCarolinaCare health insurance plans. Carle Health is dedicated to being a trusted healthcare partner for the communities it serves.