Child Psychiatric NP - East Central Illinois
Carle Health is seeking a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner to join our Champaign Psychiatry team.
Practice Details Include:
- Join a multi-disciplinary team including psychiatrists, advanced practice providers, psychologists and master’s level therapists
- Monday – Friday, 8a-5p schedule, some evening and weekend hours possible; Patient Advisory System handles after-hour calls
- Outpatient, child-only practice
- Weekly collaboration with Psychiatrist
- PNP will cover “moderate” range of patient cases including consults with new patients, manage medications and provide counseling service
- Referral hospital and mental health facilities nearby
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
- Master's degree in Nursing
- 2 years of APP experience required
- Current Illinois registered nurse license, advanced practice nurse licensure, and psychiatric certification
- Must have mental health assessment experience, positive communication skills, ability to work collaboratively with the health care team, and excellent customer service skills
Recognized as a Great Place to Work®, Carle Health is a vertically integrated system based in Urbana, IL, with nearly 16,500 team members and over 1,300 physicians and APPs in its eight hospitals, physician groups and health businesses. Carle Foundation Hospital, Carle BroMenn Medical Center, Carle Health Methodist Hospital and Carle Health Proctor Hospital hold Magnet® designations- the nation’s highest nursing honor. Carle Foundation Hospital also ranks as one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals™ by Healthgrades®. The system includes Methodist College and Carle Illinois College of Medicine, the world’s first engineering-based medical school, as well as Health Alliance™ and FirstCarolinaCare health insurance plans. Carle Health is dedicated to being a trusted healthcare partner for the communities it serves.