Inpatient RN - Ortho - Weekend
Urbana, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The staff Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility for a group of patients for a designated time frame and provides care to these patients via the utilization of the nursing process, nursing trends, technology, financial and human resources within the philosophy of the institution.
Associate's Degree in Nursing or Diploma (Not HS) in Nursing
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Professional Nurse (RN) License Illinois upon hire and Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required continuing education regarding the care of acute stroke patients
- Continuing education requirements for this position will include eight (8) hours of content that is assigned by the organization to comply with DNV Hip and Knee Replacement Certification requirements. This content will only apply to those directly assigned to the total joint replacement patients. This requirement is subject to change pending updates to DNV Hip and Knee Replacement Certification standards
- Performs all responsibilities and duties required by unit as specific to the scope of service. Implements procedures and theories related to the specific area of practice. Maintains up-to-date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to assure the integration of information for use by the healthcare team.
- Completes initial assessment upon patient admission and develops appropriate plan of care in accordance with unit standards and that is based on patient and family needs. Implements plan of care, nursing interventions, and patient care procedures. Modifies plan of care based upon continuous evaluation.
- Takes responsibility for patient and employee safety by reporting and/or correcting safety hazards and incidents.
- Communicates with others directly and in private when necessary to resolve issues. Offers constructive feedback to assist in the professional development of peers, and confers with colleagues to expand knowledge base. Identifies own learning needs and takes initiative to begin appropriate solution.
- Fulfills all requirements of departmental competencies.
- Assess ortho and medical/surgical patients every shift
- Educate ortho and medical/surgical patients on wound care, proper mobility, self-care, medication management, care transition needs and any additional patient specific needs
- Coordinate with physician and surgeon partners on the care of ortho and medical/surgical patients
- Delegate and monitor interventions of the HCT staff
- Set up ortho traction and manipulate surgical traction devices for mobility and wound care
- Manage wound appliances such as wound vacs, drains, pouches and other urological devices