RN - Total Joint & Foot/Ankle Orthopedics
Urbana, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The Ambulatory Nurse utilizes a systematic approach to nursing by incorporating assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation in the practice of nursing. Provides healthcare to individuals, families, and communities within the RN scope of practice as defined by the Illinois Board of Nursing.
College Diploma Nursing. Continuing education requirements for this position will include one (1) hour of content that is assigned by the organization to comply with DNV Hip and Knee Replacement Certification requirements. This content will only apply to those directly assigned to the total joint replacement practices. This requirement is subject to change pending updates to DNV Hip and Knee Replacement Certification standards.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Nurse (RN) Illinois and Basic Life Support (BLS). Attend and satisfactorily complete all required continuing education regarding the care of acute stroke patients
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Demonstrates clinical competencies in providing direct patient care and patient and family education as well as assisting the provider in the delivery of patient care. Demonstrates leadership and organizational skills with the ability to communicate effectively and collaboratively with others.
- Provides and facilitates competent health care of patients and families in area of practice. Ensures adherence to established standards of care and scope of practice.
- Ensures documentation of care is complete and accurate.
- Provides health and wellness education to individuals and groups.
- Acts as preceptor and supports the development of other staff and healthcare students.
- Provides leadership for initiatives designed to improve the quality of care or clinical outcomes.
- Assists Nursing Supervisor/coordinator in the development of departmental standing orders.
- Symptom Based Telephone Triage
- Nursing Assessments
- Non-surgical & Surgical Patient Education
- Surgical Anticoagulation Planning
- Hands On: Suture/Staple removal, Wound Care, Specimen Collection, DME fitting.