Health Care Tech/CNA- Unit Assistant CardioVascular ICU
Urbana, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The Unit Assistant/Healthcare Technician (HCT) provides clerical support to nursing units. Facilitates communication with other departments, visitors, patients, medical staff and employees. Serves as a public relations liaison for the unit. Performs functions of a Healthcare Technician as needed.
High School Diploma/Equivalent. Attend and satisfactorily complete all required continuing education regarding the care of acute stroke patients.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Basic Life Support (BLS)
Completion of CNA coursework w/in past 24 months, OR Successfull completion of Carle's HCT In Training Program, OR Worked as a CNA w/in past 24 months, OR Successful completion of at least one semester of nursing clinical experiences, OR Documented relevant medical military training.
- Performs all essential job functions of Healthcare Technician (HCT).
- Provides routine clerical and customer service support to unit staff. Greets all guests to the unit and assists them with their needs.
- Serves as a liaison between nursing staff, other departments, physicians, and patients/families by answering unit phone and appropriately disseminating information.
- Works with other department to provide basic equipment maintenance and serves as a resource to staff for use and troubleshooting of office equipment.
- Transcribes physician orders accurately and in a timely manner. Schedules appointments, consults, diagnostic tests and examinations for patients on nursing unit. Initiates, compiles and maintains patient charts.
- Orders all unit based supplies
- Answers incoming calls to the unit
- Acts as a sitter when needed
- Assists with welcoming new patients and family to the unit
- Managers a balance with UA/HCT duties