RN - Radiation Oncology Clinic
Urbana, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The Procedural Nurse utilizes a systematic approach to nursing by incorporating assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation in the practice of nursing. Provides healthcare to individuals, families, and communities within the RN scope of practice as defined by the Illinois Board of Nursing.
College Diploma Nursing
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Nurse (RN) Illinois and Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) w/in 2 years of start date in position and Moderate Sedation Certification w/in 2 years of start date in position. Attend and satisfactorily complete all required continuing education regarding the care of acute stroke patients.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Good communication skills to interact effectively with patients and families. Good understanding of the cancer process and the role of radiation in the treatment of cancer.
- Provides and facilitates competent health care of patients and families in area of practice. Ensures adherence to established standards of care and scope of practice.
- Performs advanced nursing activities, and possesses the knowledge and skills related to the radiation oncology treatment process, side effects and symptom management.
- Ensures documentation of care is complete and accurate.
- Provides health and wellness education to individuals and groups.
- Acts as preceptor and supports the development of other staff and healthcare students.
- Provides leadership for initiatives designed to improve the quality of care or clinical outcomes.
- Assists Nursing Supervisor/coordinator in the development of departmental standing orders.
- Evaluate symptoms over the phone and in face to face contact with patients.
- Execute orders based on diagnosis and protocols.
- Monitor lab values to ensure safe levels for treatments and/or interventions required.
- Evaluate walk in patients; provide physicians with patient condition/complaint and recommendations.
- Provide Education to patients regarding treatments, side effects and symptom management
- Assist physicians with procedures such as halo placement, radioactive injections and HDR.