Accounting & Finance
Champaign, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The Manager of Treasury & Tax is responsible for the tax and finance operations of Carle hospitals and certain business units, including production of periodic financial reports, oversight of accounting systems, adherence to a comprehensive set of internal controls, management of budgets, oversight of respective Analysts and Accountants, enhance accuracy of organization's reported financial results and ensure reported results comply with GAAP, state and federal regulations.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
Six (6) years healthcare accounting or comparable accounting experience
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Fiscal oversight experience in a complex medical organization setting including budgeting, recording and analysis of financial activity; knowledge of GAAP, property taxes, IRS 990 information filings, 990Ts, and sales tax filings; demonstrated leadership and communication skills; strong data management, organizational and computer skills; ability to adhere to deadlines; self-motivated with the ability to learn new concepts.
- Responsible for the managerial oversight of tax and finance operations of hospitals and certain business units of The Carle Foundation.
- Control, plan and lead activities of direct reports, including hiring, proper training, cross-training and performance evaluations.
- Oversee the annual assembly and preparation of the information returns (990s), UBIT returns (990Ts), certain corporate returns (1120s), and relevant health care and not for profit tax filings.
- Research accounting issues for compliance with GAAP and tax regulations, act as a liaison to internal and external auditors and other external reporting agencies, assist with preparation and review of quarterly and year-end audited financial statements.
- Identify general ledger and operational internal control needs, create solutions, and work with internal auditors to plan and implement necessary changes in identified areas.
- Collaborate with other leaders and staff on problem solving and analysis; communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Assist with annual budgeting and forecasting process of organizations and affiliates of The Carle Foundation, analyze revenue and cost variances against budgets and assist leaders with action planning as needed based upon outcomes of analysis.
- Keep abreast of current industry tax and relevant regulations and cascade that knowledge as appropriate.
- Cultivate continuous process improvement.