Cardiology Hospitalist - East Central Illinois
Carle Health is seeking an additional BE/BC Non-Invasive Cardiology Hospitalist to join our expanding Cardiology Division in Urbana, Illinois.
Practice Details Include:
- Join a growing team of 18 cardiologists at the Carle Heart and Vascular Institute. The in-hospital Cardiology service is already staffed with 2 full-time Cardiology Hospitalists
- Comprehensive cardiac medical and surgical services in the subspecialties of heart failure, electrophysiology, interventional cardiology, advanced cardiac imaging, and complex cardiac and vascular surgery
- Advanced Practice Nurses in the Cardiology Department work closely with the Cardiologists in all patient care activities
- Carle Cardiologists cover only one hospital
- Opportunity for academic appointment at the Carle Illinois College of Medicine
- New state-of-the-art Heart Center, located adjacent to Carle Foundation Hospital
- Opportunity for academic and/or research affiliation with the Carle Illinois College of Medicine, the nation’s first medical school focused at the intersection of healthcare and engineering
- Carle offers an excellent benefit package including health/dental/life insurance, 403-B plan with employer match, LTD, relocation allowance, CME allowance, and paid malpractice insurance with 100% tail insurance covered
- Carle Health is a not-for-profit organization with public service loan forgiveness eligibility
About the Carle Heart and Vascular Institute:
- The Carle Heart & Vascular Institute (Carle HVI) is one of the largest integrated cardiovascular institutes in Illinois with structural and functional integration of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Vascular Surgery, and Interventional Radiology. The Carle Heart and Vascular Institute is recognized as a national leader in quality of care. Healthgrades recently recognized Carle Foundation Hospital as Top 10% in the nation for cardiac surgery and best in the region for cardiac care and cardiac surgery in addition to a five-star rating for bypass surgery and treatment of heart attacks and heart failure.
- Carle HVI is part of a vertically integrated, regional health system, Carle Health, which includes 8 hospitals, the only provider-owned health plan in the state, over 1000 employed physicians and APPs, numerous regional partnerships and much more.
- In Summer of 2020, Carle BroMenn joined the Carle Health system. In partnership with the Carle Health system, Carle BroMenn continues to expand the Heart and Vascular program at Carle BroMenn Medical Center. With a newly renovated OR open-heart suite and continued expansion and renovation of our cardiac cath lab suites, the Heart and Vascular program at Carle BroMenn Medical Center is positioned for growth.
- The Carle Health Cardiology providers, 40 physicians and 21 Advanced Nurse practitioners and physician assistants, deliver cardiac and vascular services to over 40,000 patients every year throughout Illinois and Indiana.
Globally connected, innovative and culturally rich, Champaign-Urbana is centrally located to Chicago, Indianapolis and St. Louis and is home to one of the world's great public research universities - the Big Ten University of Illinois. With ease of transportation, excellent schools and affordable housing options, our community features the friendliness and advantages of a smaller town while offering the dining, arts, sports, and entertainment options found in a much larger city.
Recognized as a Great Place to Work®, Carle Health is a vertically integrated system based in Urbana, IL, with nearly 16,500 team members and over 1,300 physicians and APPs in its eight hospitals, physician groups and health businesses. Carle Foundation Hospital, Carle BroMenn Medical Center, Carle Health Methodist Hospital and Carle Health Proctor Hospital hold Magnet® designations- the nation’s highest nursing honor. Carle Foundation Hospital also ranks as one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals™ by Healthgrades®. The system includes Methodist College and Carle Illinois College of Medicine, the world’s first engineering-based medical school, as well as Health Alliance™ and FirstCarolinaCare health insurance plans. Carle Health is dedicated to being a trusted healthcare partner for the communities it serves.