Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
Urbana, IL, USA
Posted on Saturday, June 10, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) performs routine and critical respiratory care procedures under the supervision of a Respiratory Care Manager and Medical Director. Responsible for performance and competency of care for neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric populations.
Associates Respiratory Therapy
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner Illinois and Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) and Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiopulmonary Life Support ( ACLS) and. Neonatal and Pediatric Resuscitation (NRP) certification must be obtained within two (2) years of start date in position. AND Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification must be obtained within two (2) years of start date in position.
Healthcare/Medical - Respiratory Therapy (RRT & CRTT). Solid understanding of all aspects of Respiratory Care.
- Effectively evaluate the results of patient respiratory care delivered per care plans.
- Accurately introduces, administers and charts the effects of routine respiratory therapy and medication administration.
- Accurately setup, maintain, and chart the usage of oxygen therapy, aerosol/humidity therapy and ventilator therapy.
- Provide ventilator support and airway management to neonatal, pediatric, adult and geriatric populations.
- Perform arterial blood gas and capillary blood gas analysis (following Medical Director approval). Participates and performs blood gas quality controls per regulatory standards. Participates in blood gas proficiency studies.
- May be trained in endotracheal intubation and arterial line insertion. May take a charge role.
- Completes assessments on ventilator patients and all other patients on respiratory care services.
- Will accurately chart on the respiratory flow sheets in the EMR and on the care plans. Will also charge accurately in the EMR.
- Processes and maintains respiratory equipment.
- Evaluates patients for routine respiratory care therapy on the inpatient units
- Evaluates patients for routine respiratory care therapy for patient in the Emergency room.
- Evaluates patient Evaluates patients for advanced respiratory care therapy for patients in the ICU's
- Participates on all Transport teams. PEDS and Adult
- Obtains and analyses blood gases.. Arterial, Venous and Capillary
- Assist cleaning respiratory care related equipment
- Assist with stocking respiratory care related supplies on the inpatient care units