Health Care Tech/CNA- NICU
Urbana, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, June 13, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The Health Care Technician (HCT) NICU is responsible for the preparation and delivery of all infant feedings. Preparation techniques must adhere to all sanitary regulation and standards established by regulating agencies and the healthcare facility. Other duties include maintaining supplies and inventory for the formula room, operating all equipment needed for feeding preparation and breast milk administration, and adhering to unit specific quality assurance standards for breast milk.
High School Diploma/Equivalent
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Basic Life Support (BLS) and Illinois Food Handler Certification Illinois or Food Service Sanitation Certification
Completion of CNA coursework w/in past 24 months, OR Successfull completion of Carle's HCT In Training Program, OR Worked as a CNA w/in past 24 months, OR Successful completion of at least one semester of nursing clinical experiences, OR Documented relevant medical military training
- Prepares and delivers all infant feedings as ordered.
- Inventories and maintains sufficient infant feeding room stock and and monitors breast milk storage and safety within the unit.
- Practices and maintains appropriate sanitation and quality assurance within the feeding preparation area.
- Assists in training other employees in infant feeding preparation and proper handling techniques, as needed.
- Assists with the maintenance of unit supplies to ensure the smooth function of the unit, including stocking nurse servers, cleaning instruments and equipment, ordering supplies, and making up charts.
- Collects data on assigned patients as directed by Registered Nurse (RN) and ensures accurate documentation.
- Demonstrates competency in selected psychomotor skills as outlined in the skills checklist including: measurement of vital signs, blood glucose monitoring, and measuring and recording intake and output.
- Performs or assists patients with the activities of daily living. Prepares patients for transportation and/or transport.
- Monitors quantity and usage of donor breast milk
- Assists in the ordering process of Prolact for NICU infants feeding
- Transports patient feedings to bedside refrigerators
- Assists with 2 handed care of VLBW neonates
- Manages complete inventory of breastmilk, donor breast milk, prolact, and formula