Medical Assistant - Urology
Urbana, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, June 30, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The Medical Assistant I maintains department patient care supplies, ensures timely flow of patients, and assists physicians and nurses to provide optimal care to patients and families.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Basic Life Support (BLS). Successful completion of medical terminology course within six (6) months of start date in position.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Capacity to learn and retain information regarding patient care procedures. Demonstrates compassion and caring in dealing with others.
- Perform a variety of routine direct patient care duties to assist medical and nursing staff in the examination and treatment of patients.
- Maintains patient care environment and supplies to ensure patient privacy and safety.
- Collects and documents vital signs for urology patients
- Performs point of care testing, including urine chemstrips for urology patients, documents results and communicates results to the provider
- Collects and process patient specimens correctly
- Enters patient medical history and medication reconciliation into each patient's medical record
- Performs post-void residual and uro-flow measurement and communicate results to provider
- Assist with and Act as chaperone as needed during pelvic or other examinations as requested by the patient