Manager,Patient Access - Ambl/Windsor
Champaign, IL, USA
Posted on Sunday, July 9, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Manages the daily activities of Revenue Cycle Patient Access areas (HRC, EDREG, Curtis and Windsor Branches) to ensure high-quality customer service and to improve the revenue cycle activities for coding, billing and documentation. Understands regulatory and third-party payer guidelines for admissions, discharges, ambulatory visits, billing and coding so the organization and registration staff remain in compliance. Reviews staff schedules and ensures staffing guidelines meet the budget and provide appropriate resources based on department volume/activities. Trains, educates and develops staff to enhance job functions and responsibilities so that maximum flexibility and job cross training is achieved. Coordinates activities with other departments to ensure patient satisfaction and problem resolution. Assists the Director - Patient Access with policies and procedures, annual budgets, and other strategic initiatives.
Bachelors Related Field
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Certified Healthcare Access Manager (CHAM) within 2 years of hire date
Healthcare/Medical General - Supervisor General Computers/Information Technology - Data Entry Keyer
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Electronic Medical Record and data processes required. Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations and ability to prioritize multiple simultaneous tasks is a necessity. Customer Service experience.
- Continuously streamlines processes/systems to achieve maximum efficiencies.
- Ensure that all employees are properly oriented, trained, and that annual competencies, certifications, and licensure and education requirements are current. Ensure that all personnel are properly trained on equipment and competent in its use.
- Ensures the accuracy and completeness of patient information entered into the database system.
- Maintains payroll reports to ensure accuracy of man-hours. Enforces various organizational policies consistently.
- Manages the daily activities of the registration departments (Hospital Registration, ED Registration, Curtis and Windsor) to ensure good customer service is maintained and accurate patient data is collected.
- Operates the departments in a cost-effective manner by monitoring man-hours, supply expenses, and volume. Ensures adequate staffing levels are maintained to provide good customer service.
- Performs department audits to identify billing errors. Provides continuous feedback to staff and management regarding audit outcomes.
- Performs or assigns tasks as needed in the absence of employees so work flow is maintained.
- Works closely with Health Information Systems (HIS), Patient Financial Accounting (PFS), Compliance, Inpatient Case Coordination (IMPCC) and Information Technology (IT), Patient Care Branch Managerdepartments to optimize coding, billing and documentation efforts. Facilitates technological changes and analysis by working closely with IT to improve system processes.
- Performs customer service recovery as needed and assures high quality customer service from all areas of responsibility.
- Assist staff in dealing with customer service issues, provide mentoring as needed to staff and invene as needed with customers.
- Maintains active involvement in all regulatory compliance functions by maintaining up to date working knowledge of latest healthcare trends in coding, reimbursement and clinical care management.
- Identifies, discusses, plans and implements (with assistance from Information Technology and Systems) the applications, systems or modifications which will enhance the enterprises revenue cycle systems.
- Manages the day to day operational processes to facilitate maximum productivity levels.
- Ensures streamlined processes are established for registration, check in/out, scheduling, pre-registration and all Patient Access functions to enhance patient access and insurance verification. Ensurescompletion of Medicare Secondary Payer forms to optimize Medicare reimbursement.
- Responsible for personnel related duties that include interviewing, disciplinary actions, payroll, scheduling, and enforcing required rules and regulations.
- Assumes responsibility for personnel related duties that include interviewing, disciplinary actions, payroll reporting, scheduling paid leave, and enforcing requires rules and regulations. Monitors employee performance and ensures timely communications for the purpose of goal setting, performance evaluations, wages increases and continued personnel actions.