Housekeeper (Emergency Department) - Evenings
Urbana, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
To provide a superior level of cleaning quality in assigned area to maintain a clean working environment.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Carle Certification Requirements: AIDET - Use a complete AIDET in a patient room during a daily clean, patient rounding and 2nd or 3rd pull team Bedmaker - Complete three discharge rooms
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Must have ability to effectively read, write, and converse in the English language. Must be physically able to manually move furnishings and equipment to facilitate thorough cleaning techniques. Good communication and time management skills preferred. Computer skills preferred.
- Sucessfully meet all the requirements for EVS Tech Cert 1.
- Clean specialty areas including NICU, L&D, CCU, ED, OR, etc.
- May perform light floor care work including buffing and spotting carpet.
- Understands all procedures for life safety codes.
- Proficient in chemical/medicine spill cleaning inclusing USP 800.
- Comfortable using AIDET in patient rooms.
- Demonstrates knowledge of infection control techniques and proper hand hygiene.
- Proficient in handling biohazards including safe handling of sharps and biohazard body fluid spills.