Payroll Reporting Specialist
Accounting & Finance
Champaign, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The Payroll Reporting Specialist supports the Payroll Manager by performing a variety of accounting, reporting and analyst functions within the payroll area.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or Experience in Lieu of Education - 10 years' experience in a related job function
preferreder candidate with an Accounting Degree, or 10 years of accounting experience or related payroll experience. Candidate must have a general understanding of accounting systems and processes. Strong computer skills with especially strong excel knowledge and experience.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Must be a critical thinker, have an innate curiosity and an ability to problem solve. Requires a high degree of accuracy, ability to meet deadlines and maintain confidentiality. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Reconciles multiple payroll liability accounts and posts any required general ledger adjustments.
- Work from home, out of state employees - payroll portion (increased jurisdictions, filings, and registrations; management/maintenance of payroll taxes for these employees).Submit payments and file the various state tax returns.
- Assist manager in providing and analyzing payroll data for a variety of regulatory, legal and other reporting purposes.
- Assist in year-end payroll processes and provide backup support for critical bi-weekly payroll tasks and processing.
- Coordination of payroll tax returns for not-for-profit organizations in addition to other non-health insurance for-profit entity returns. This also includes the general compiling, documenting, monitoring, and review of payroll tax forms.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations by facilitating and filing returns and tax payments.
- Responds to related tax correspondence by researching federal, state, and local taxation issues and recommends tax strategies.
- An organizational resource for tax education and support, collaboration with consultants related to Carle payroll tax returns, and coordination of audits as necessary.
- Review, validate and if necessary correct incoming financial data to ensure its integrity for accurate financial reporting.
- Continual growth in job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications. Ensure compliance with Federal and State wage and hour laws.
- Payroll system setup and maintenance for new jurisdictions, cost Center maintenance for Kronos and Lawson HR.
- Semi-monthly Physician Payroll Processor, assist in maintaining PR Balancing Sheet.
- Maintaining payroll portion of executive retirement plans - 451 & 457. Assist in editing Kronos training documents/modules, participating in HR/PR bi-weekly collaboration meetings.
- Initiate and promote continual process improvements within the payroll department to align with business goals, working closely with cross-functional partners.Initiate and promote continual process improvements within the payroll department to align with business goals, working closely with cross-functional partners.
- Preparing complex reports/data such as Sullivan Cotter Workforce Insights 360 (for HR), assistance with 990 salary data, annual budgeting for executive salaries, annual Workman's Compensation data, and assistance with Bureau Labor of Statistics reports.