Inpatient RN - CCU
Urbana, IL, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 12, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The CCU Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional nursing care to assigned patients in the CCU. Performs various diagnostic tests, administers medications, and develops patient care plans in conjunctions with the Critical Care Team Providers. The CCU RN will assist during examinations and procedures, operating and monitoring medical equipment as necessary. Observes patients' progress, records observations in patient medical record, and updates attending physician directly when necessary. Critical Care Nurses face the additional responsibility for the emotional and psychosocial health of the patient, family and significant others.
College Diploma in Nursing
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Professional Nurse (RN) License Illinois upon hire and Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 1 year.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required continuing education regarding the care of acute stroke patients.
- Performs all responsibilities and duties required by unit as specific to the scope of service. Implements procedures and theories related to the specific area of practice. Maintains up-to-date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to assure the integration of information for use by the healthcare team.
- Completes initial assessment upon patient admission and develops appropriate plan of care in accordance with unit standards and that is based on patient and family needs. Implements plan of care, nursing interventions, and patient care procedures. Modifies plan of care based upon continuous evaluation.
- Takes responsibility for patient and employee safety by reporting and/or correcting safety hazards and incidents.
- Communicates with others directly and in private when necessary to resolve issues. Offers constructive feedback to assist in the professional development of peers, and confers with colleagues to expand knowledge base. Identifies own learning needs and takes initiative to begin appropriate solution.
- Fulfills all requirements of departmental competencies.
- Ensures good communication with patients/family by utilizing meaningful hourly rounding, bedside report and whiteboards
- Works with ventilated patients for early mobility
- Collaborates with team to ensure best outcomes
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Responds to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards and protocol
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients, and interprets and records electronic
displays, such as intracranial pressures, central venous pressures, and
cardiac rhythms from cardiac monitors, respirators, ventilators, oxygen pumps, etc.