RN - OB Residency Clinic
Urbana, IL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The Ambulatory Nurse utilizes a systematic approach to nursing by incorporating assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation in the practice of nursing. Provides healthcare to individuals, families, and communities within the RN scope of practice as defined by the Illinois Board of Nursing.
College Diploma in Nursing
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Professional Nurse (RN) License Illinois upon hire and Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required continuing education regarding the care of acute stroke patients
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Demonstrates clinical competencies in providing direct patient care and patient and family education as well as assisting the provider in the delivery of patient care. Demonstrates leadership and organizational skills with the ability to communicate effectively and collaboratively with others. Willingness to work as a member of a healthcare team and collaborate with medical assistants, certified medical assistants, and LPNs
- Provides and facilitates competent health care of patients and families in area of practice. Ensures adherence to established standards of care and scope of practice.
- Ensures documentation of care is complete and accurate.
- Provides health and wellness education to individuals and groups.
- Acts as preceptor and supports the development of other staff and healthcare students.
- Provides leadership for initiatives designed to improve the quality of care or clinical outcomes.
- Assists Nursing Supervisor/coordinator in the development of departmental standing orders.
- Manages triage responsibilities of high risk and low risk pregnant women, well women, and acute conditions following obstetrical and gynecological protocols.
- Assists with moderately complex procedures.
- Administers chemotherapeutic agents and blood products.
- Performs diagnostic testing to assess fetal well-being in collaboration with physicians and advanced practice providers.
- Resource for CMA and LPN staff.
- Provides comprehensive prenatal and breastfeeding education.
- Excels in customer service, team building and problem solving abilities