Pediatric Critical Care (PRN) - East Central Illinois
Carle Health is seeking a PRN, experienced BE/BC Pediatric Intensivist to join our established Pediatric ICU program in Urbana, Illinois.
Practice Opportunity Details include:
- Leadership opportunity
- A 453-bed Level I Trauma Center with Level III perinatal services
- Full-time Pediatric Sedation Service in place (sedations for special procedures, minor procedures, and radiology procedures); Hospitalists cover all of the sedations and Pediatric ICU physicians do sedations that are ASA III
- New State-of-the-art PICU
- 7 on 7 off schedule
- Established Pediatric Hospitalist and Pediatric ICU services
- Up to 10 PICU beds
- Pediatrics unit features 18 private rooms, 8 isolation and protective environment beds, fully equipped minor procedure room, family lounge, private child life area, and a teen recreation room
- Strong referral base
- Large network of Pediatric subspecialties
- Ancillary staff includes pastoral services, child life specialists, and social services
- Opportunity for academics and/or research with the Carle Illinois College of Medicine
- Carle Illinois College of Medicine is the nation's first medical school focused at the intersection of healthcare and engineering
Globally connected, innovative and culturally rich, Champaign-Urbana is centrally located to Chicago, Indianapolis and St. Louis and is home to one of the world's great public research universities - the Big Ten University of Illinois. with ease of transportation, excellent schools and affordable housing options, our community features the friendliness and advantages of a smaller town while offering the dining, arts, sports and entertainment options found in a much larger city.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Recognized as a Great Place to Work®, Carle Health is a vertically integrated system based in Urbana, IL, with nearly 16,500 team members and over 1,300 physicians and APPs in its eight hospitals, physician groups and health businesses. Carle Foundation Hospital, Carle BroMenn Medical Center, Carle Health Methodist Hospital and Carle Health Proctor Hospital hold Magnet® designations- the nation’s highest nursing honor. Carle Foundation Hospital also ranks as one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals™ by Healthgrades®. The system includes Methodist College and Carle Illinois College of Medicine, the world’s first engineering-based medical school, as well as Health Alliance™ and FirstCarolinaCare health insurance plans. Carle Health is dedicated to being a trusted healthcare partner for the communities it serves.