Sonographer - Weekend
Urbana, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The Sonographer performs sonography-imaging procedures, which may include biopsy procedures.
Diploma (Not HS) in Related Field or Certificate in Radiologic Technology or Associate's Degree in Related Field
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
RDMS Abdomen (AB)(ARDMS) within 3 months or RDMS Obstetrics/Gynecology (OB/GYN)(ARDMS) within 3 months or Registered Vascular Tech (RVT)(ARDMS) within 3 months or RDMS Pediatric Sonography (PS)(ARDMS) within 3 months or RDMS Breast (BR)(ARDMS) Earned prior to 2011 upon hire or Sonography (S)(ARRT) within 3 months or Breast Sonography (BS)(ARRT) Earned prior to 2011 upon hire or Registered Vascular Specialist (CCI) (RVS) within 3 months or Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Competent to be taught or already performs Ultrasound exams proficiently. Basic knowledge of computers to access programs.
- Performs routine and complex sonography imaging by acquiring and processing patient exams in accordance with accreting bodies and/or manufacturer guidelines and as outlined in department protocols. Selects proper sonography protocols and techniques to obtain optimal data. Reviews cases with the radiologist when appropriate. Reviews labs and patient history to perform correct exam.
- Responsible to review radiology orders for completeness and accuracy. Reviews patient history and supporting clinical data for medical necessity. Takes steps to acquire additional information if needed from the patient, ordering provider and/or Radiologist.
- Demonstrates acceptable imaging quality standards by critiquing positioning, technical factors and alignment. Reviews patient data for accuracy, quality and completeness.
- Transfers and verifies image data in PACS and other digital and reporting systems providing necessary medical history and information for Radiologist interpretation. Utilizes the web servers and email systems to send exams for preliminary readings after hours.
- Responsible for maintaining imaging equipment and workplace environment including maintaining supply inventories and orderliness of work area. Recognizes malfunctions and service needs and reports service needs in a timely manner.
- Ensures patient, visitor and environmental safety. Reports safety events immediately including those that are a near miss.
- Assists in instruction of students and new staff as necessary. May perform duties of Sono Lead or Imaging Coordinator in his/her absence.
- Meets productivity levels as established by department benchmarking. Assists other areas during downtimes so to maintain productivity.
- May be required to perform duties of other modalities within the department to which licensers are held by the technologist/sonographer.
- Complies with other job descriptions of cross-trained modalities also performed within the department.
- Required secondary registries are not required for cross trained modalities at HRHC unless otherwise required by specific compliance, licensure, or accrediting bodies.