Urbana, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
This position will be responsible for assisting the Anesthesiologists and Anesthetists with day to day needs, ordering and restocking, and cleaning of anesthesia equipment. Provides anesthesia support services for the Main Operating Room, OB, and ancillary departments as needed. Responsible for providing anesthesia support by assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating anesthesia needs throughout the Operating Room schedule during the course of the day. In doing so, demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide anesthesia support that is appropriate to the surgical procedure and age of the patient. Also, assist the CRNA and MDA with day to day tasks and sets up equipment as needed.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
- Performs or assists with turning over all anesthesia machines. Cleans the machines, blood, body fluids, and disposable materials are properly removed and that equipment meets established standards. Prepares for the next surgical procedure. Prepares anesthesia machines for latex and/or total cases.
- Stocks anesthesia machine with anesthesia supplies in remote areas: O.B., HVI, MRI, DHC, OMFS.
- Maintains equipment used during surgical and other procedures requiring use of anesthesia by cleaning and transporting equipment Arranges for repair of more complex equipment problems with equipment vendor or internal biomedical engineer.
- Exchanges anesthesia machines from one Operating Suite to another. Transports anesthesia machine to the remote areas and prepare for procedure.
- Set up remote areas and/or turn them over between cases. This would include: HVI, MRI, DHC, OMFS.
- Provides assistance to the Anesthesiologist during the surgical procedure to run errands and answer questions promptly. (Obtains supplies or equipment as necessary).
- Monitors and replaces sodalime in gas machines according to established procedures. In doing so, opens absorber units, removes and properly disposes of containers, repacks containers, and seals the units ensuring no leaks.
- Cleans and sterilizes LMAs and laryngoscope blades.
- Responsible for checking and changing oxygen and other tanks according to established procedures.
- Setting up invasive line transducers, IVs, and bring these and other equipment/supplies to OR rooms before and during cases.
- Assist with patient lift help
- Assist OR staff in Room turnover as needed which includes, but not limited to, room cleaning, patient transport, room set up, supply stocking and ordering.