Health Care Tech/CNA- Oncology
Urbana, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN), the Health Care Technician (HCT) functions as a support to the licensed nursing staff and performs activities related to the personal care and hygiene needs of an assigned patient group. Facilitates communication with other departments, visitors, patients, medical staff and employees. Serves as a public relations liaison for the unit. Works under the direct supervision of the nursing manager.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days.
Completion of CNA coursework w/in past 24 months, OR Successful completion of Carle's HCT In Training Program, OR Worked as a CNA w/in past 24 months, OR Successful completion of at least one semester of nursing clinical experiences, OR Documented relevant medical military training
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required continuing education regarding the care of acute stroke patients
- Assists with the maintenance of unit supplies to ensure the smooth function of the unit, including stocking nurse servers, cleaning instruments and equipment, ordering supplies, and making up charts.
- Collects data on assigned patients as directed by Registered Nurse (RN) and ensures accurate documentation.
- Demonstrates competency in selected psychomotor skills as outlined in the skills checklist including: measurement of vital signs, blood glucose monitoring, and measuring and recording intake and output.
- Performs or assists patients with the activities of daily living. Prepares patients for transportation and/or transport.
- Perform delegated tasks such as: obtaining vital signs, glucose monitoring, hygiene care, ambulation, repositioning patients, sending lab samples.
- Perform purposeful hourly rounding on assigned patients while marking initials on white board upon exiting patient room.
- Provide emotional support to patients and family members
- Document patient care delivery per unit expectations/pass chart audit with no more than 2 deficits
- Assist with bone marrow aspirations as needed with physicians.
- Complete delegated tasks in a timely manner and report any abnormal findings to the RN as soon as possible.