Clinical Sleep Health Educator - CFH
Urbana, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The Clinical Sleep Health educator works under direct supervision of the sleep clinic manager and the sleep program physician lead to provide comprehensive education, with regard to evaluation, and treatment of sleep disorders, including in-center and home sleep apnea diagnostic testing, therapeutic interventions, comprehensive patient care, treatment compliance management, assessment of sleep health outcomes and assists in identifying and supporting possible barriers to care. The clinical sleep health educator is credentialed in sleep technology or other allied health professions that have appropriate training in sleep-related patient management and is able to interact with physicians and other health care providers in a professional manner.
Certificate in Certificate of completion of the Registered Polysomnographic Tech (RPSGT) program.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Polysomnographicï¿½Technologist (RPSGT) RPT - Registered Polysomnographic Tech upon hire and Certified in Clinical Sleep Health (CCSH) within 4 months and Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days.
Minimum 5 years of sleep technology required
- Monitors clinical, quality, patient satisfaction and other key regulatory metrics.
- Collects, analyzes and integrates patient information.
- Provides general instruction in caring for patients with obstructive sleep apnea.
- Monitors patient adherence to prescribed treatment.
- Assists in coordinating in-center and home sleep apnea diagnostic testing and therapeutic modalities.
- Provides general education to assist patients with treatment acclimation and compliance and assist in tracking health improvement indicators.
- Assists in confirming insurance verification/prior-authorization requirements and patient financial responsibility.
- Assists in scheduling patients for the clinic and the sleep lab and calling patient to confirm their appointments.
- Assists in checking patient in and out at the sleep clinic and the sleep lab.
- Assists with rooming patients at the sleep clinic.
- Assists with sitting patients with their home sleep studies equipment.
- Maintains accurate, pertinent, accessible, confidential and secure patient records in accordance with privacy and security standards.
- Assures patient records contain documentation of all patient interactions.
- Assists in managing patient compliance and outcomes database.
- Participates in professional development activities.