IT Epic Training & Optimization Specialist
Urbana, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Accurate documentation in EPIC is vital to patient safety, the overall Patient Care Plan and reimbursement for services performed. The Epic Training and Optimization Specialist is responsible for the following: Orienting all users to their specific Electronic Medical Records (EMR) applications (Providers, RNs, MAs, PSRs, etc.); Educating users on upgrades and changes to their applications; Training and providing support to those assigned in each department who guide users to further customize and optimize applications. Provide performance consulting to assist with optimal usage of the Epic applications. Clinical experince documenting in Epic.
Bachelor's Degree in Education, Information Technology or Related Field or Experience in Lieu of Education - Three years in healthcare with experience using an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Driver's License upon hire and EPIC Certification Epic System Application Certification. New version training (NVT) must be kept current within 6 months.
Two (2) Education/Learning/Training AND Two (2) years in a professional setting.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Solid skills in PowerPoint and curriculum development. Strong computer skills.
- 2 years of clinical experience documenting in Epic
Familiarity with provider workflows a plus
Provide individual EPIC assistance for optimization as needed.
- Collaborate with the IT Build Team during the design/build/validate processes to ensure user training and resource needs are met.
- Assess user training and resources needs. Design training plans and learning objectives for each application based on role and discipline workflows. Develop training environments within the Epic System, participant materials, and exercises to enhance learning.
- Plan, schedule and implement training. Provide follow-up support to users after training as needed. Evaluate and measure the results of the training to ensure user needs were met.
- Provide specialized training and tools for Super Users assigned to each department. Serve as a resource for Super Users and departmental leaders regarding all EMR applications, including Go-Lives.
- Providing training, tools and materials to ensure Meaningful Use compliance.