RN - HVI Proc Prep/Recov
Urbana, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The staff Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility for a group of patients for a designated time frame and provides care to these patients via the utilization of the nursing process, nursing trends, technology, financial and human resources within the philosophy of the institution.
Diploma (Not HS) in Nursing
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Professional Nurse (RN) License Illinois upon hire and Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 1 year and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) within 1 year.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required continuing education regarding the care of acute stroke patients.
- Performs all responsibilities and duties required by unit as specific to the scope of service. Implements procedures and theories related to the specific area of practice. Maintains up-to-date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to assure the integration of information for use by the healthcare team.
- Completes initial assessment upon patient admission and develops appropriate plan of care in accordance with unit standards and that is based on patient and family needs. Implements plan of care, nursing interventions, and patient care procedures. Modifies plan of care based upon continuous evaluation.
- Takes responsibility for patient and employee safety by reporting and/or correcting safety hazards and incidents.
- Communicates with others directly and in private when necessary to resolve issues. Offers constructive feedback to assist in the professional development of peers, and confers with colleagues to expand knowledge base. Identifies own learning needs and takes initiative to begin appropriate solution.
- Fulfills all requirements of departmental competencies.
- Completes and maintains proficiency to care for and monitor patients receiving and recovering from moderate sedation
- Perform all responsibilities requires for assessing, monitoring and removing arterial and venous sheaths
- Start IV’s
- Remains competent in required POC testing to include glucose, ACT/I-STAT and UHCG
- Prepare patient for procedure with correct labs, IV placement and shaving
- Assist MD or PA with a variety of bedside procedures, including understating of supplies needed, ordering specimens and necessary hemodynamic monitoring required during procedure