Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Counselor
Champaign, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The EAP (Employee Assistance Program) Counselor assists EAP clients and household members in problem identification and problem resolution through counseling processes of assessment, brief therapy, formulation of an action plan, and if appropriate, case follow-up. Responsible for development and delivery of training as requested.
Master's Degree in Social Work, Psychology or Related Field
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) Illinois upon hire or Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) Illinois upon hire or Certified Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselor (CADC) Illinois upon hire.
Five (5) years counseling experience.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Clinical experience in counseling adults, children, couples, and families. Experience screening emergency situations and familiarity with DSM V. Ability to problem solve with clients and company representatives using effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Creates and conducts training sessions and presentations to groups when requested by supervisor.
- Participates in Critical Incident Stress Debriefings.
- Provide professional counseling services to patients and their families through individual and/or group settings.
- Be willing and able to provide at least 4 after hours (i.e. 5 and 6 pm)appointments per week.
- Maintain professional licensure.
- Provide emergent crisis management services when needed.
- Provide case management services when a client seeks addiction treatment.
- Complete documentation of counseling sessions per department standards.
- Participate in and plan department meetings.