Counselor - CARC
Champaign, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The Counselor provides outpatient services for persons with an alcohol or drug problem.
Associate's Degree in Related Field
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Certified Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselor (CADC) upon hire.
Two (2) Chemical Dependency Treatment Setting. Previous experience specifically in individual counseling and group facilitation.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Strong communication and listening skills. Ability to facilitate a variety of evidence based substance abuse treatment modalities such as motivational interviewing, rational emotive therapy, cognitive therapy Ability to work effectively with a variety of personalities at various organizational levels.
- Provide professional counseling services to patients and their families through individual and/or group settings.
- Conduct lectures and participate in community outreach activities. Identify concerns and make referrals to other specialists when needed
- Documents assessment, care provided, treatment plans and data collection appropriately in the Addiction Recovery patient record and other relative locations.
- Provides educational support to the program.
- Participates in marketing activities of Addiction Recovery to the hospital, clinic, other health professionals and the general community.
- Provides assessments for patients with diagnostic impression and treatment recommendations.
- Supports patients who are seeking help to become abstinent from substances.
- Teaches patients what the disease of addiction is, and it's signs and symptoms.
- Helps patients identify resources in their community which support ongoing abstinence.
- Teaches family members and loved ones about addiction disease and what their part is in the recovery process.