Executive Director - Cancer Institute
Urbana, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, September 1, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The Executive Director - Carle Cancer Institute is responsible for strategic and operational leadership for the Carle Cancer Institute across the East and Central regions, including the Carle Cancer Institute - Urbana and Carle Cancer Institute - Normal. Responsible for the strategic planning, innovating, communicating, collaborating, operations, integrations and business development, operational efficiency, and quality and financial outcomes across the continuum in collaboration with the Medical Director(s), Associate Medical Director(s) and Assistant Medical Director(s), collectively "Physician Leadership". Possesses overall managerial responsibility for all aspects of services provided within the Cancer Institute and is accountable for the operational performance, including quality of services, financial performance and competitive market position. Works closely with Physician Leadership to collaborate on advancing clinical outcomes and efficiency. Ensures all functions are in compliance with applicable regulatory guidelines and accrediting standards. Collaborates with stakeholders, internal and external, in a highly matrixed organization to promote and advance services within the regions and communities served.
Bachelor's Degree in Related Field. Master's strongly preferred
Two (2) years Healthcare/Medical and Five (5) years Management
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Plans and implements programs, organizes and coordinates functions of an Institute, and drives synergies across locations. Self-motivated and responsible for operational efficiency in assigned area. Manages fiscal data as it relates to Cancer Institute operations. Communicates (verbal and written) effectively with all members of interdisciplinary team. As an operational leader, the general expectation is that the individual will work onsite. Furthermore, as an Executive Director with regional oversight, travel between sites will be expected. Urbana will be the primary work location. It would be anticipated that the Exec. Director visit Normal on a weekly basis, Danville on a monthly basis and other sites as necessary. The schedule may vary but frequent travel between sites will be necessary and expected.
- Develops, analyzes, and manages capital and operating budget within agreed upon standards.
- Monitors employee performance and ensures timely communications for the purpose of goal setting, performance evaluations, wage increases and continued personnel actions.
- Provide leadership, vision, and management to assigned department(s).
- In collaboration with Physician Dyad leadership, sets departmental strategic direction and develops appropriate tactical plans to meet current and future strategic objectives.
- Ensures smooth operation of all departmental functions according to approved policies and in accordance with all state and federal law, standards of professional practice, and applicable accreditation standards.
- Responsible for building a dynamic team dedicated to attaining optimal outcomes.
- Establishes and ensures that the overall objectives relating to the Carle Experience are achieved.
- Develops annual department goals and continuously monitors performance. Develops, reviews, and revises department policies and procedures.
- Leads in a manner that elicits trust and builds confidence in others.
- Serves as a resource, representative and liaison for the Cancer Institute within Carle Health, other health care providers and the communities.
- Leadership and oversight of accreditations maintained by the Carle Cancer Institute including but not limited to the Oncology Navigation Program, and the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer Accreditation, National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI®) accreditation, National Accreditation Program for Rectal Centers (NAPRC) in collaboration with leadership from the Digestive Health Institute, and American College of Radiology accreditation for radiation oncology.
- Collaborate with Oncology Research Team to support and facilitate clinical research within the Carle Cancer Institute
- Responsible for managing vendor relationships and contracts for services including but not limited to Cancer registry services and physics and dosimetry support.
- Responsible for collaborating with radiation Safety Officer to ensure the program is in compliance with state and federal regulations with respect to radiation safety.