Clinic RN - Float
Urbana, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Seeking a compassionate, dedicated RN who enjoys variety to support multiple ambulatory clinics throughout Carle Health. The Ambulatory Nurse utilizes a systematic approach to nursing by incorporating assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation in the practice of nursing. Provides healthcare to individuals, families, and communities within the RN scope of practice as defined by the Illinois Board of Nursing. Shift differential earned for working float pool.
Diploma (Not HS) in Nursing
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Professional Nurse (RN) License Illinois upon hire and Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days.
Two (2) years Healthcare/Medical - Nurse: Registered Nurse
- Reliable transportation to support various branch clinics if needed.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required continuing education regarding the care of acute stroke patients. ACLS/PALS and Conscious sedation dependent on department trained to Float
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Demonstrates clinical competencies in providing direct patient care and patient and family education as well as assisting the provider in the delivery of patient care. Demonstrates leadership and organizational skills with the ability to communicate effectively and corroboratively with others.
- Provides and facilitates competent health care of patients and families in area of practice. Ensures adherence to established standards of care and scope of practice.
- Ensures documentation of care is complete and accurate.
- Provides health and wellness education to individuals and groups.
- Acts as preceptor and supports the development of other staff and healthcare students.
- Provides leadership for initiatives designed to improve the quality of care or clinical outcomes.
- Assists Nursing Supervisor/coordinator in the development of departmental standing orders.
- Communicate with physicians on status changes and documentation.
- Ensures efficient patient flow and throughput.
- Performs comfort measures as needed for the patient.
- Practices in a manner sensitive to the needs of patients and families. Provides care according to plan of care and orders.
- Phone triage
- Chaperoning provider
- Educating patients & Safety screenings---MRI
- Medication Refills
- Telephone messages (patient questions, triage and education)
- Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
- Will need to train in multiple outpatient clinical areas and perform short term assignments to assist with departmental staff absences (vacations, leaves, etc.)
- Travels to multiple departments/clinics in role as needed.