Patient Services Lead - Ortho
Urbana, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The Patient Services Lead assists in the coordination of staffing and activities of all Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Centralized Services. The lead provides leadership and technical expertise in all aspects of service. They perform staffing coverage as needed. The lead is responsible for helping to maintain a positive work environment and fostering teamwork at all times. The lead will participate in onboarding and training new employees. Assists the manager with changing registration processes to improve patient satisfaction. Provides continuous feedback to staff to reduce error and enhance workflow processes. Participates and coordinates staff training needs including new employee job training. Works with clinical leadership to ensure provider schedules are efficient and free of scheduling issues. Enhance point of service collections to ensure financial stewardship. Monitors all WQ for completion and timeliness. May assist manager/supervisor with timekeeping, coaching and performance evaluations, as needed.
Associate's Degree in Related Field or Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) certification through NAHAM or Grandfathered (HR USE ONLY) in Employees in the PSR Lead role prior to October 1, 2019 will be grand-fathered into the role without the Associate's Degree or CHAA requirement
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) Or Associate's Degree related field upon hire.
Two (2) years General - Customer Service
- Successful completion of medical terminology. Completion of Foundations of Leadership/Leadership HR series.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Leadership and Organizational skills Possess ability to communicate effectively and work corroboratively with others and to promote good interpersonal relationships for all staff in unit. Ability to motivate, accept and institute changes Ability to confront, resolve and remain tactful in addressing complaints
- Perform essential job functions of Patient Service Representative I, II and III, Ortho internal Contact Center, Surgical Scheduling & Prior Authorization Specialist
- Assists in coordination of staffing and activities, including schedule planning, templating and coverage.
- Assists leadership with orientation and training of new and existing coding staff
- Acts as a role model and supports management initiatives for the department. Assumes leadership role in the absence of Supervisor/Manager.
- Resolves work related issues or assists employees in solving work related issues.
- Resolves Customer concerns, questions, and complaints by identifying problems and coordinating appropriate corrective action. Reports situation and resolution to supervisor.
- Addresses customer service concerns with positive attitude and positive closure for the customer.
- Ensures staff members are adequately trained and are competent to perform all required job tasks, including work ques.
- Establishes daily work and desk assignments to ensure adequate staffing coverage and good customer service.
- Establishes standards for reducing registration errors. Reviews with staff on a regular basis registration errors and initiates necessary training to reduce errors.
- Assists in training new Patient Services Representative staff and serves as a role model by conducting self in a responsible, professional manner.