Pharmacist - Inpatient
Urbana, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The Pharmacist provides pharmaceutical care to all patients of Carle Foundation Hospital and affiliated health care providers.
Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Pharmacist License Illinois upon hire.
- Assist in focused studies and drug usage evaluations as assigned.
- Provide direct patient care by intervening as appropriate to improve prescribing, administration, and monitoring practices in the facility as related to medications.
- Represent the pharmacy on committees or work groups as assigned.
- Interpret physician medication orders and send the appropriate medication in a timely and accurate manner.
- Screen medication orders for potential interactions with other medications, diet orders, disease state, or stated allergies.
- Supervise the technicians in the preparation and dispensing of medications and parenterals.
- Make dose recommendations based on age, weight and clearance function.
- Assist in the training and orientation of all new employees as assigned.
- Provide accurate and complete accounting of all controlled substances.
- Provide Medication Therapy Management Services as defined in the Illinois Pharmacy Practice Act.