Urbana, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The Echo Technologist oversees technical procedures, patient care and work flows in the echocardiography laboratory. Perform a full range of cardiac diagnostic testing. Assist performing physicians and sonographers in providing high quality echocardiographic exams.
Associate's Degree in Ultrasound or Experience in Lieu of Education - Education and clinical experience to be registry eligible for credentialing body.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Diag Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS)(ARDMS) Illinois upon hire or Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (CCI) Illinois upon hire and Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days.
Previous healthcare experience
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Positive attitude and proven willingness to assess and improve work environment. Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks while coordinating patient flow.
- Performs routine and complex echocardiographic sonography imaging procedures following departmental guidelines.
- Demonstrates acceptable imaging quality standards by critiquing positioning, technical factors and alignment. Reviews patient data for accuracy, quality and completeness.
- Documents accurately and completely.
- Cross-trains to other divisions of CV Services.
- Administers contrast when needed and not contraindicated.
- Completes documentation of studies performed and charges in Epic as well as complete preliminary info in Xcelera system for Physician reading.
- Is included in a rotation of call thru the week and on weekends with other Team members.
- Is Team minded and provides compassionate care and quality studies to our community of patients.
- Performs all forms of Echo testing (Exercise Stress; Dobutamine stress; Echoes; Pediatric echoes; Tranesophageal echoes) in a timely fashion.
- Seeks to advance their knowledge in all aspects of Echo with an open mind to constructive learning and teaching.