Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
Career Area:Environmental Health and Safety
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
At Caterpillar, we work to help our customers build a better world. Without our team of talented, bright and driven individuals, we wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today. Now, this is your chance to join our team and do work that matters. We want you to help us enable customer success, make progress possible around the world and help our communities grow and thrive. We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our Product Support & Logistics Division (PSLD).
The Product Support and Logistics Division (PSLD) is one of the most innovative divisions within Caterpillar. In PSLD, as within all of Caterpillar, our priority is our customers and helping them build a better world. We touch nearly every element of the services value stream from procurement to design and manufacturing to distribution. PSLD is responsible for Aftermarket Parts Distribution of Cat Parts, Integrated Logistics, segment Procurement and the design and manufacture of Wear Components (Undercarriage and GET) and Maintenance Components (Seals, Tubes & Hardware, Hose & Couplings, Fluids and Filters).
We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
As an Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Manager you will embody servant leadership, ensuring the highest standards of safety for our employees and the environment. You will have the opportunity to shape the culture of safety in a facility of 400-500 employees, leading a team of EHS professionals.
- Create a collaborative environment among team members, internal customers, and external suppliers
- Help management understand with environmental, health, and safety requirements
- Monitor and communicate the impact of upcoming regulations
- Tailor our Best Management Practices to suit facility needs
- Identify hazards and establish protection guidelines in collaboration with Corporate Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS)
- Develop and review environmental, health, and safety training materials
- Set standards for protective equipment and assess program compliance
- Generate and review environmental (EPA) and safety (OSHA) reports
- Other duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time-to-time
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field; or 8-10 years of previous environmental, health, and safety experience
- 3 (plus) years of Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) experience within Warehouse Operations, Parts Distribution, Logistics, and/or Manufacturing Operations
- Comprehensive knowledge of environmental, health, and safety regulations and safety certifications
- Prior experience leading a team of 8 (plus) professionals
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Analytical skills
- Proven ability to inspire and motivate
- Resilience under pressure
- Flexibility to support a 3-shift operation
- Adaptability to changing priorities
- The ability to travel domestically up to 10% of the time
Top Candidates will also have:
- Master’s degree in a technical field
- This position does offer relocation
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers .Relocation is available for this position.Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.