Substitute Behavioral Safety Aide; multiple positions available
Champaign Unit 4 Schools
Champaign, IL, USA
Posted on Monday, April 24, 2023
- Positively transforming learning and life outcomes for students through educational justice, equity, and excellence.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff, students, and parents
- Excellent human relations and communication skills
- Licensed Special Education Teacher/Social Worker/Counselor -OR- Successfully completion of TCI/CPI/Handle With Care training -OR- Successful completion of the District's De-Escalation Strategies Professional Development Course (201409)
- Pay rates for the District's substitute positions can be found on left side of the Human Resources page on our website (Departments > Human Resources).
- Any substitute (excluding those working in the Transportation Department and those already earning “Long Term” pay as a substitute teacher) who works fifteen (15) total assignments (whether full day or partial day) during any month school is in session will be paid a $50/month bonus.
- Substitutes who work at least 1,260 hours during the previous twelve (12) months are eligible to enroll in an insurance plan sponsored by the District. The District currently pays the FULL monthly Employee Only premium for this insurance coverage. Substitutes who qualify will have coverage for the next twelve (12) months.
- The District is accepting applications for this position on an ongoing basis. We continuously evaluate the number of employees in our Substitute pool and schedule interviews as needed.
- Substitute employment is on an at-will basis. Work is usually regularly available, however.
- Substitute Behavioral Safety Aides are hired to assist students who exhibit particularly challenging behaviors (biting, kicking, running away, inappropriate touching, etc.) and require more individualized supervision.
- Substitute Behavioral Safety Aides may be placed in the school or transportation setting, depending on the needs of the student.
- Champaign Unit 4 Schools serves over 10,000 PreK-Young Adult students in 18 facilities, which include twelve elementary schools, three middle schools, two high schools, one early childhood facility, and the Novak Academy. Located conveniently near Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis, Champaign residents enjoy the entertainment and intellectual activity of a large city, without the higher costs of living and lengthy commute times often associated with busy city/suburban life. The University of Illinois provides the excitement of Big 10 sporting events, a thriving business environment, and world-class entertainment at State Farm Center and the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts. Champaign is characterized by a thriving downtown and campustown, shopping centers and boutiques, award-winning restaurants, neighborhood parks, live music venues, and summer festivals. We also share many museums, galleries, and theatres with the adjacent city of Urbana.
- If you want to learn more about this position or other career opportunities in Champaign Unit 4 Schools, please contact our Assistant Director of Human Resources & Employee Engagement, Ms. Nancy Whitehouse, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your résumé.