Bilingual Parent Liaison (Qanjobal/English) - 8.0 Hours/Day
Champaign Unit 4 Schools
Champaign, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 30, 2023
- Positively transforming learning and life outcomes for students through educational justice, equity, and excellence.
- Paraprofessional (TA) license or ability to obtain license
- Knowledge of and ability to relate to a culturally and linguistically diverse learning community
- Excellent human relations and communications skills
- Experience with parent outreach program development (preferred)
- A record of work experience with children and adults in an educational setting (preferred)
- Experience or familiarity with the educational system (preferred)
- Degree in area of social services or advocacy (preferred)
- The hourly wage for this position is determined based on the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the Champaign Educational Support Professionals, which is available on our website. Highly competitive benefits, including 100% Board-paid IMRF contributions and 100% Board-paid employee-only health, dental, vision, and term life insurance, are also offered.
- This position will remain posted until the hiring process is complete; however, interviews may be conducted as soon as March 28, 2023, so interested applicants should submit their materials ASAP to ensure consideration.
- Candidates who do not meet the requirements for Paraprofessional licensure will NOT be considered for hire.
- Candidates who are not fluent in Q'anjob'al and English will NOT be considered for hire.
- Champaign Unit 4 Schools serves over 10,000 PreK-Young Adult students in 18 facilities, which include twelve elementary schools, three middle schools, two high schools, one early childhood facility, and the Novak Academy. Located conveniently near Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis, Champaign residents enjoy the entertainment and intellectual activity of a large city, without the higher costs of living and lengthy commute times often associated with busy city/suburban life. The University of Illinois provides the excitement of Big 10 sporting events, a thriving business environment, and world-class entertainment at State Farm Center and the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts. Champaign is characterized by a thriving downtown and campustown, shopping centers and boutiques, award-winning restaurants, neighborhood parks, live music venues, and summer festivals. We also share many museums, galleries, and theatres with the adjacent city of Urbana.
- If you want to learn more about this position or other career opportunities in Champaign Unit 4 Schools, please contact our Assistant Director of Human Resources & Employee Engagement, Ms. Nancy Whitehouse, at email@example.com. Please include your résumé.