Teacher Aide/Kindergarten Support - 7.5 Hours/Day; multiple positions available
Champaign Unit 4 Schools
Champaign, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2023
- Positively transforming learning and life outcomes for students through educational justice, equity, and excellence.
- Paraprofessional License or ability to obtain license (Please review the attached document for more information)
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff, students, and parents
- Possess good human relations and communication skills
- Ability to lift 30 pounds or more
- Ability to use approved student restraints
- Ability to bend, stoop, turn, squat or lift in order to serve student needs
- The hourly wage for this position is determined based on the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the Champaign Educational Support Professionals, which is available on our website. The District gives experienced employees up to 20 years of experience credit for service outside the District if it is directly related to their position. 100% of an employee's contributions to IMRF are currently paid by the Board of Education. The Board also pays 100% of employee-only health and term life insurance. There is a minimal employee cost for vision insurance. Dental is also available at competitive rates to interested employees. There are opportunities for employees to earn additional compensation during the regular school year and in the summer.
- This position will remain posted until the hiring process is complete; however, interviews may be conducted immediately, so interested applicants should submit their materials ASAP to ensure consideration.
- There are mulitple positions available. These positions will be hired at the District level on an as-needed basis.
- These positions are currently intended to provide support in Kindergarten classrooms across the District. Actual building and classroom assignments are subject to change at the District's discretion. Applicants should understand that they may be reassigned to a different building (or to support Special Education or ESL programs) based on enrollment and student needs.
- Champaign Unit 4 Schools serves over 10,000 PreK-Young Adult students in 18 facilities, which include twelve elementary schools, three middle schools, two high schools, one early childhood facility, and the Novak Academy. Located conveniently near Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis, Champaign residents enjoy the entertainment and intellectual activity of a large city, without the higher costs of living and lengthy commute times often associated with busy city/suburban life. The University of Illinois provides the excitement of Big 10 sporting events, a thriving business environment, and world-class entertainment at State Farm Center and the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts. Champaign is characterized by a thriving downtown and campustown, shopping centers and boutiques, award-winning restaurants, neighborhood parks, live music venues, and summer festivals. We also share many museums, galleries, and theatres with the adjacent city of Urbana.
- If you want to learn more about this position or other career opportunities in Champaign Unit 4 Schools, please contact our Assistant Director of Human Resources & Employee Engagement, Ms. Nancy Whitehouse, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your résumé.